Winds Ease Overnight
April 24, 2014 (WPVI) -- We'll saw plenty of sunshine today, but winds continued to gust above 30mph. This helped fan the flames of two fires in New Jersey: a large forest fire in Downe Township, Cumberland County in a wildlife management area. Another in Beechwood, Ocean County, that was threatening homes this afternoon.
FIRE DANGER: A red flag warning for enhanced brush fire danger exists until 8 p.m.. This is thanks to high winds, low humidity and a relatively dry forest floor across the region.
TONIGHT: Skies are clear again and winds die down overnight.The low is 44 in Philadelphia with some suburbs dropping into the mid 30s.
FRIDAY: Any early sun gives way to increasing clouds as winds turn out of the southeast off the ocean. If you are going out of the town Friday night, be sure to take an umbrella as rain moves in from the west. Some rain will be heavy at times, along with the chance of some embedded thunderstorms. The high: 68.
SATURDAY: It will be party sunny, breezy and warmer. A couple of stray showers or thunderstorms are possible, but most of the day is dry. The high: 73.
SUNDAY: We'll start the day with sunshine. A few clouds will bubble up in the afternoon. It'll be breezy and cooler. The high: 63.
MONDAY: It now looks like our next front is delayed, leaving us with a partly sunny day and a high around 65.
TUESDAY: The front arrives, stalls to our south, produces a steady flow off the moist ocean and brings us lots of clouds with periods of rain. It remains cool. The high: 63.
WEDNESDAY: Its even cooler with more rain likely. The high: 59.
THURSDAY: Mostly cloyudy with some lingering rain, perhaps a thunderstorm. The high: 59.
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust 31 min ago
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 49 min ago
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington 12 min ago
- Man critically injured in Chester shooting 21 min ago
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos